View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #51
S12 Drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
S12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymoreS12 Drifter is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240boi115 View Post
honestly s12drifter. why the hell do you hate the sr so damn much? we dont raise the motor like god here. YOU say we do. we all just know its an easy swap to do and its an easy engine to make power from.all the motors you list off probably are a bish to install in a car. and yes im relevant because thats what the OP will end up doing if he chooses to not keep his ka. SWAP A MOTOR IN! dollar for dollar and bang for your buck the sr20 is a good motor. it an take a good beating they have drag cars pumping 1000hp on them (although its not exactly street build nor is this recommended), and its a good start motor . you seriously need to chill out on the sr hate here and compare equivilent motors.. as in I4 vs I4 not v6/v8/race motor vs I4, its stupid and doesnt prove anything.
lets throw a T28, SR20 injectors and nistune run a conservative tune like the factory does with the SR on a ka24.

bang for buck there are a lot better options out there that can get you more power. it would literally cost a great deal to build a fj20 i understand that their not easy to get parts for either.

the SR20 is a trailer trash motor that drifters like to use to slide because they saw it in fast and furious tokyo drift. the SR is cheap in japan LITERALLY pennys on the dollar people ship them over here tax the fuck out of a garbage engine public buys into it and they make their money.

for the price of a SR you can have a fully forged KA24DET

forged pistons - 500
forged rods - 500 (not that you need them since their already factory forged)

in just those two you're already a few steps ahead of a SR for the price you pay for an ENTIRE swap including install.
S12 Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote