View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #3265
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Just for the record, cometic head gaskets are shit compared to other gasket manufactures, but the still work. I didn't deck the block or head, because they were straight. My surfaces were cleaned by hand. I also didn't use copper spray, i did use gray rtv around the timing cover. 20, 40, 60, 80, 80. I was on a budget and FRsport came to the rescue. At the shop we only use cosworth gaskets or whatever a customer requests which is usually Apexi, but I wanted to get studs also so I decided to use the cometic HG, and see if there really was an issue when not decking or having a super mirror surface. The conclusion is there is no issue with sealing the head to the block and it's all just a matter of preference.
Quote:
With nearly 200k miles on my motor my head gasket finally gave way, it's had a GT2871R on it for 120k of those miles running at least 15psi the whole time. Forge Motorsport External wastegate is rock solid boost until 20psi then it gets a little fuzzy, also evidently kills paper headgaskets from 1991.

Plan is:
Cometic MLS headgasket
Poncams
ARP studs
new oil/water pumps
Tomei RAS

It's got a JWT ECU, Z32 MAF, and 740cc injectors. AFC-Neo to correct for cams and fine tune.

Any suggestions for while I've got the head off? Hoping to get in the damn near 400whp club with this setup.
Have jwt re-tune the ecu if you need to use the afc for the poncams, poncams are not that aggressive.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote