View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #13626
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tengo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
so i got my sr all wired up this week , ran vacuum line from my waste gate to my hot pipe , my fpr to mani t'd off to my boost gauge.not using a bov so i capped that on the throttle body. i turn the car on and it idles like a rotary and pours black smoke and reeks of fuel and will not rev when i move the throttle and if it does its delyed and super jumpy .
i took my intake manifold of a few moths ago along with my iacv.i did not use new gaskets i just put it back together with the old ones wich seemed in good shape.i removed the heater core, looped the coolant lines ,put on a new elbow with the old o2sensor. i need to get any info on the following things

1.why is it idling like shit and pouring black smoke that smells strong of fuel?
2.im gonna replace the intake gaskets and iacv gaskets , could this have really been leaking enough to cause this issue?
3.im gonna check the plugs to see if a injector is messed up ,they worked when i parked it a few months ago so what could have caused this if it is bad.

i had my fuel lines hooked up wrong on the fuel rail and fpr,so i switched them back over and it started but did said issue , could there be fuel in the motor ? i removed the spark plugs for 3 days before putting new ones in so i thought that would have let all gas evaporate .

what should i do? thanks any help will be good.
tengo240 is offline   Reply With Quote