View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
ianmyers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
ianmyers is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver350z05rb View Post
for the knock sensor, check to see if its connected, my friend recently bought a s14 and I used my scanner on it for check engine light, threw the knock sensor code, obviously you cant check to see if its cracked unless you remove it, but we were about to begin the removal and noticed the plug was just lightly on top of the mating plug, kind of floating, so I plugged it in and erased the code. other than that, if it is connected, I have had only good luck with OEM NISSAN knock sensors(others can pitch in if they used other brands and their light never came back on)

For the 02 sensor, the only thing I can say again is go NEW OEM(others may pitch in with other brands), some Nissans are picky if they are not factory sensors,(make sure you are erasing the codes after fixing the issues) the rear 02 sensor wiring is way easy to fix ,the primary 02 is harder (or not depending on you) due to the shield.

The evap one ..................idk, I don't have one on mine and im not sure why Im not getting the code for it. not sure if its because im bypassing the EGR (egr temp) with the 100k resistor????

hope that helps
For the knock sensor, I bought and new one and it's on the way to my house since everything was plugged in and connected, so I'm assuming it was the sensor itself that was throwing the code.

As far as the o2 sensor goes it has been replaced with a genuine Nissan part and the code is still appearing. I'm guessing the ECU might be causing the problem at this point? Or there might be a problem with the wiring from the o2 sensor. Still figuring this one out...

The EVAP one has been the biggest pain and I haven't really gotten anywhere with it, despite the information that has been given to me on this thread and also in other threads I have read by people who have the same problem.

Thanks to everyone for the information and help on these issues since I'm sure many of you realize how much of a headache these problems can be.
ianmyers is offline   Reply With Quote