View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #6199
HazeBlazer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
HazeBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
A lot of the common seats are "European" sized, so they are more fit to slimmer/shorter builds. Try seats like the Cobra and Recaro that come from the Euro market; Cobra even has height adjustable padding to help get the best fir from your seat.
Wow some amazing replies here. Years back I owned an mk1 golf as my first and had a cheap racing seat put in there that sat too low and I couldn't do anything about it. I'll definitely check out those brands you mentioned with the adjustable padding, although they are the more expensive of brands, I'm willing to put premium cash, after all, it's really the platform I'll be ruling the streets with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
How tall are you? I'm 5'6" and I could reach the peddles no problem on my last setup (Zeta II bucket with Bride rails).
I'm 5'8, not super short but it's not the pedal I have trouble reaching, it's the fact that I'm not able to get a good comfortable view of around my car, which I really need to feel like a good confident driver when cutting through LA traffic and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandevilhorns View Post
Get a seat with bottom mounts and use a bottom mount rail. Those always sit stupid high. Most of us have the opposite problem. I feel like I could mount my seat under the floor pan and still hit my head. I'm 6'2". My passenger is a bottom mount with the slider and I cannot sit comfortably in it.
Damn, with a simple google search I see there are a good amount of aftermarket seat rail kits out there, I didn't even know these existed. I'd much rather sit stupid high than stupid low, I feel like a prairie dog trying to see around my car poking my head out all around. If the adjustable seats like the cobra don't do it, then I have your advice with these seat rail kits, that should take care of my problem.
HazeBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote