View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #201
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
I dont know if your head is just stuck to far up your ass to see it or not, but those Ebay QR's and hubs are garbage. Sure they "work", that doesnt mean they are decent. Two of my friends put them in their cars, and both QR's have a ton of play/wobble. Thats not safe, thats not ok, and thats not "really nice"... I wouldnt put one on my car if I was paid to do so. I had an ebay hub on my S14 when I bought it, and it was garbage to.. Again lots of wobble that shouldnt be there.

Point being, steering is one huge aspect of a car that shouldnt have shortcuts taken on it... Ive seen the ebay wheels/QR's/hubs and they are all shit... Save up a little longer, keep rocking your stock wheel for a few extra weeks, then buy some quality parts. I can gaurentee you will be 100 times happier in the end.
1. Head not up ass just stating facts
2. I never said eBay parts are "nice" just saying there are things that you can purchase for a cheaper price and not have an issue
3. I've been rocking an eBay hub with qr for a while with no issues with wobbling. I plan on upgrading to something nicer but again I've had no problem with my setup, but I will say the wheel my friend gave me is crap and I have a personal on the way
4. Ive never been the person to cheap out on parts because I didn't have the money, I just refuse to pay top dollar for certain parts just because they have a reputable name stamped on it when you can purchase something of the same quality for alot less.

I am in no way saying cheap parts or rep parts are better or that they are ok and reliable. All I'm stating is something's don't need to be top dollar items when there is similar quality in a part that's half the price.

it all comes down to QUALITY.

also I never said grant wheels are crap.
the low end models they make are indeed crap but they do have some nicer products under their name.
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote