View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #18
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
A little update from today.

I had new boots installed on these Z32TT and Q45 axles for my Q45 diff swap. I made a mistake last time when I first built the car. I just installed the axles and after a few thousand miles, the boots broke and there was grease all over the underside of my my then recently cleaned and painted chassis.

Moroso pan and modified oil pickup from the Fueled Racing swap kit

Moroso oil pan from Fueled Racing Kit

Moroso oil pan baffle doors

Here is a comparison shot of the stock versus modified Moroso oil pickup

Stock vs Moroso modified oil pick up

Moroso oil pickup installed

Modified Moroso oil pickup installed

Oil pan installed and buttoned up

Installed Moroso oil pan

Motor mounts waiting to be installed

Fueled Racing adds a nice touch by putting labels or reminders on all the parts to make sure they are installed correctly. These are some reminders on the bottom of the motor mounts. All the fuel and oil lines have labels on the connectors to make sure they are installed correctly.

Passenger side motor mount

I had to remove the stock manifolds to install the motor mounts. I also ended up reversing the nut and bolt on the motor mount to be able to pull out the bolt later if needed while in the car.

Passenger side motor mount

Close fit between the motor mount and manifold exhaust flange on the passenger side. I actually had to do some minor grinding of the manifold and motor mount on the driver side. Nothing major.

Tight fit of motor mount on passenger side

Oil pan and motor mounts installed.

Motor mounts and oil pan installed

A few weeks ago, I found this 240 in the junkyard and removed the entire HVAC system so I can install in my car. I literally took everything against the interior firewall except for the steering column.