View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #16
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaS14 View Post
Awesome garage and cars man! I can tell this build will be a good read/watch. Props on the progress! What are the main goals for this? Just a fun street car?
Yes a fun hassle free CARB legal street car that I can drive comfortably to work a couple times a week and then throw some track tires on and do a couple of track days per year.

I like variety and like to drive all my cars on a regular basis throughout the week. I am installing AC this time and might even install some sounds this time.

I am following Pstl_pete with a KW suspension setup. The only downside is that KW would not make a set of rears with the Z32 fork to attach to my Z32 rear knuckles, so I am going back to S13 rear knuckles. This time I am adding SPL front ball joints to square up the front suspension geometry.

I tried working with Fueled Racing on coming up with a service where they would modify the Erod cats or build an adapter mid pipe to go from the exhaust manifolds to the cats. Fueled is developing an exhaust system to bolt up to their swap kits and we were hoping to adapt the Erod to their exhaust system for a truly bolt together system. That fell through so I am trying to figure out how to proceed on the exhaust system.

I am going with a Q45 3.54 rear diff that my friend had sitting in his backyard.

I actually bought the Hooker Headers engine and tranny mounting kit, but changed my mind and now have the full Fueled Racing kit. So far I am really impressed with the well thoughtout kit. Everything seems to be a plug and play bolt on kit. They even will build AC lines, but only if you buy their kit as the lines are based on using their kit. With this kit, you can use your existing front sway bar and don't have to modify (hammer) your transmission tunnel. The fuel lines are plug and play from the tank to the fuel rail and come with the Corvette fuel pressure regulator/filter that is required to pass CARB.