View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #28
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHD_G View Post
These really are the nicest flush pop up replacement that ive seen out that doesnt look horrible, they arent for everyone but for those looking to switch, only other decent option that ive seen is supermade but i dont like the open style. If they are good quality as in fitment and materials then i dont see why you wouldnt get at least what supermade is asking for theirs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the helpful feedback. I won't sell them unless they fit perfect and the finish is perfect. I went to school for car design and currently work at a prototyping company that does machining rapid prototyping and composites. We've done fixtures for production headlights for Honda and other companies. So if I have a question, I can find a solution though I'm already pretty sure how I want to build them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHD_G View Post
What linner shape lights are you going with? From what i can see in the pics the top car is circular and the bottom car is rectangle

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Honestly I'm not sure. I could potentially do both since it's just a trim and mount operation before it gets sent out anyway. I like the circular if they are large enough but the square fits well with the design language of the car and time period.

I'll probably offer square and circular as well as eye lid and non eyelid lenses like above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
You must have forgotten what community this is. 500 bucks buys most people here a "whole nother car maing"

Proof is in the pudding

If you ask me, I say you build it first... then post. Nothing better than people spending their hard earned time and money building things that people may or may not buy.
Ya there are a lot of broke dicks here but there are still people who spend money on them and may like them. 500 was merely my ceiling of I wont make them if they exceed that. I'd really prefer to see a lower cost than that. Again it's hand made shit not from China.

I can still make them and post but like I've been saying to make them first I have to do the tooling regardless of whether I make more for others. If people are interested it means I may be able to get it done faster and cheaper and more likely I'll go forward with it.
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote