View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #114
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
this is my review of the ISIS MBSE Type E exhaust.

Over-all this exhaust is GREAT. My friend has the MBSE, so i kind of had an idea of what to expect, but i had no clue how badass this exhaust was going to be.

the exhaust arrives at work, and the box was damaged by UPS, one of the muffler tips was a little bit dented on the side. i was able to hammer it out and smooth it, so its not a issue, clearly a shipping error, Not enjuku/isis.

i opened the box to inspect what all is included, all nuts bolts and washers were included, as well as all gaskets needed. ready to bolt together and go straight on the car.

i couldnt help but to put it all together, to see what im working with.

First things first, i bolted it on the vert, to see how the exhaust looks on a coupe/vert...

heres the outcome.

and then for giggles i tossed it on my DD, just to see how it sounds with a stock KA w/high flow cat

I have to say it fits out further on the hatch, i think this is due to the coupe being slighty longer.

you MAY have to mod your tow hook, i didnt, but i noticed that if you moved the exhaust around enough, it coud hit back at the tow hook.. some ISIS stiff poly exhaust mounts could prove helpfull here.

on crank up, the exhaust is barely noticible (SLIGHTLY louder than stock) under light accelleration, idle, partial throttle, its barely loud enough to be uncomfortable.. under wot/accelleration it definitely wakes up, and is pretty loud. i didnt experience any drone (in comparison to a N1 style), even cruising at 3000 rpms, it was really mellow. Im extremely pleased with the exhaust, and enjuku has been MORE than helpful and accomidating with me.
for more install pictures, check out my blog.

for more install pictures, check out my blog.

Chaluska's Blog