View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #1386
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
You solved your problem for finding more grip. Run a bigger rear tire, grippier rear tire, lower the tire pressure to like 35, run a softer spring, maybe get an S14 rear subframe.

More grip in the rear won't necessarily prevent you from spinning out, but it will allow you to accelerate through corners instead of just staying at one constant speed in the corner. You shouldn't have any problems spinning a 245 or 255 with your power.
I think I ran 245's on JXN's stock SR for the TOP GUN event years ago.

too much grip, and you understeer, too little grip and you oversteer. Like Karl said...softer spring rates, lower tire pressure, subframe, all these things add grip. The course also plays a big role with how much power and tire you should use...but that's later. Lower the tire pressure first (5 psi at a time) and see how you like it. I have buddies running 12 psi cold on occasion depending on tire grip.....you could also remove rear sway bar to add a lot of grip. It's just a matter of finding the right setup to your liking.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote