View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #144
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14TEENZ View Post
Well shooting base over a blocked car will help fill in any little imperfection.

Are you using lacquer primer?

Or like a epoxy primer?
epoxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buentellomma View Post
The surface needs to be both smooth to the touch and also needs to be visually inspected for pits,orange peel, and any other surface defects. Other than the 320 grit sanding marks you should see a completely smooth surface. When blocking sand at a 30* angle one way and come back over it the opposite way at the same angle. Sealer is not required but it is highly encouraged. The sealer allows the base coat to cover better and seals off anything underneath from reacting with the fresh solvents. If you ever look down the side of a show car and notice the mirror like finish that is what it takes, properly block sanding the surface will give you a smooth flat surface without waves. Its a lot of work and if your just going to track whore it out i wouldnt spend that much time trying to make it perfect.

No........... It...........Does........... Not............ base coat is not used for filling imperfections. If fact it brings out all the surface issues some colors are worse about it than others.
ok, that's what I was leaning towards
the panels are smooth to the touch but if I look close I can see some 'orange peel' in some spots
I will spend some time but won't go crazy trying to get the panels perfect since it is a track project

I think I will shoot a coat of sealer.

thanks again
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote