View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #25
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad you got it fixed but figured since I'm here... KA slaves are just fine on a SR, been there done that.

If your engagement is at the top of the pedal, it's not adjusted right, my whitebunny KA setup was like that when I adjusted to factory "pedal" freeplay spec (grabbed at the top, clutch assembly was much taller than stock). It was terrible to drive and slipped on my stock KA. I adjusted the clutch pedal engagement to where I liked the clutch to grab. Which put engagement pretty much a little bit closer to the floor than halfway through the pedal travel. Or right where the spring that assists with pedal return starts to work in reverse and would pull the pedal to the floor if your hydraulics weren't connected.

It grabs like a boss and drives soooo much better now.

The slave needs some freeplay before it starts pushing the clutch fork, you should be able to pull the slave pushrod out of the clutch fork dimple with your fingers ~1/3inch, and when you let it go it should stick itself right back into where it was. Have a friend adjust the rod, while you check freeplay at the slave.
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote