View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #155
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
So instead of making my own topic I figured I'd just post here.

I'm looking at an injector/turbo upgrade and a switch to E85 soon after I build my bottom end. I plan on going 10:1 compression, either a GTX2867 or EFR6758, ID1000cc's and an Aeromotive 340lph in-tank pump.

Will this be good for 500whp or so? I'm not worried about the turbos being able to make that power since with 10:1 compression and E85 they should have no problem. What I am concerned about is if the ID1000cc's and 340lph pump will provide enough fuel. The next size up from ID is 2000cc's which I'm concerned I'll have idle problems with so I'd like to stay with the 1000's if I can.

Thoughts?
I thought IDs also had 1200 and 1600cc injectors ?

1000cc may be a bit limiting, but it depends on the injector duty you aim for, engine and revs you are planning to run. On a CA18DET I would be more concerned about the ecu/injector driver system being unable to drive big low Z injectors.

Fuel pump should do OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
You guys may also be interested to see that there's finally an E85 pump from Walbro now too...

New E85 Compatible Walbro 485 Fuel Pump! – Dynosty
I have been using the standard walbro 255 LPH for years now, and it is still working fine.

The major problem with fuel pumps is keeping the fuel pressure high when @ WOT, but it also is a fuel pipe diameter problem more than a fuel pump problem.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote