View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #133
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
I kinda let this thread die down but ive been plenty busy... Here's whats been going on...

I last posted what I had done to some of the suspension. Since I had coated the rear suspension arms in the POR-15, I also did the same to the flcas. Here is how they were when pulled from the car.

Busted up ball joints and all around looking nasty.

Cleaned up and coated in the POR.

After everything I sprayed them gloss black and cleared them.

The steering rack also got a touch up, POR coated and then sprayed gloss black.

New Moog ball joints and outer tie rod ends.

Unfortunately when installing the ball joints, I f*cked up the paint.

Time to go back together...

The universal joint on my steering column had seen better days so I picked up a used one from a member on here.

NY vs. CA lol

Going into the bay, there was a few needs that just didnt meet my standards. One being the fusebox...

Scratched up, dirty, and faded.

Final product sprayed with SEM trim paint.

Polished up the ABS unit so it didn't look as hideous as it does.

Cruise control painted as well with SEM trim paint.

Cleaned out the power steering reservoir the best I could.

And here's a picture of the Wiring Specialties harness going in.

A friend and I took a trip down to queens to visit the guys at JDM Engine World. There, we picked up my s14 sr20 and a k20 for my friend's project. Jack, the owner, and all his employees maintain a friendly, and well kept business. They were all great guys and answered all our questions and did not try and rush us one bit. If anyone around is looking to buy any type of motor, I definitely recommend calling Jack down at JDM Engine World. A+++ service

The shop's gorgeous s14.

Last edited by S14Driftr91; 06-04-2012 at 10:25 PM..
S14Driftr91 is offline   Reply With Quote