View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #95
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
On the Saturday afternoon we were over at the workshop doing some bits and pieces on two other cars. I decided to pull the intake manifold off as its one less thing to worry about later on. Pulled the whole thing off in once piece. I'm strongly considering deleting the heater core from inside the cabin and running an alternative option. This would mean I can remove all the heater lines from under the manifold in the second picture here. Its a total shit fight under there and its better than standard already. You can see where I'd previously removed the coolant line to the standard throttle body and looped it back into itself. At this stage I was still planning on keeping the standard S13 intake plenum and throttle body.

On the Sunday afternoon I decided to drain the fuel tank and stick the 25 odd liters I pulled out in the daily. I found an old fuel flap in the bottom of the tank. God knows how long its been knocking around in there! =) The tank scrubbed up quiet well I think I might polish the bottom just before it goes back in so it looks schmick. We may also paint it I havent decided yet. =)

The Monday on my way to work I popped into the workshop again to checkout the progress. The main hoop had been tacked in and the 3mm plate was in the process of being welded and moulded to the rear strut towers.

Later that week I would hopefully get the car back cage complete and also pickup my new SX Developments chassis stand for the next stage of the build. =)

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote