View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #3114
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
The current Z's already pretty light relative to the prior model and
other performance cars within its price range. I think handles great and is responsive. Dont fucking diss it for being a pig until you've actually driven one
Who called it a pig?

Plus it's $30k-$35k for a new one, which is a major point if they're trying to downsize the Z to comepte with the Toyobaru. Yes it's light compared to it's rivals in it's price range, but 3200lbs+ isn't light compared to the lightweight stuff that may be jumping off if the BRZ/86 does really well.

I daily a S30 back in the States, and a FD in Japan, I fully understand what a lightweight sports car is, and I've been harping forever and a day I wish they would go back to the simplier lightweight Z days. I know it'll never happened, Nissan has pretty much established it as the gentleman's slightly luxury sports car.

I kind of don't want to see them make this a S-Chassis recarnation either though. I can already hear all the whining if they screw it up. Imagine how S13 felt when the S14 was first introduced, I imagine they were like WTF!