Thread: E85 thread
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #132
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry if this has been covered.

What are the benefits to running e85 N/A?

I am seriously thinking of converting my 240 over to e85 when I swap my VQ in, would be easy enough since I have done almost all the supporting mods already.

Everything I see in here is referring to boosted cars. The injector + sizing should be the same correct? (+25% basically)

It seems like this would be something really easy to tune NA, as you don't have to worry about being too rich or too lean in boost.

It will be a mildish build, My VQ is fresh with 0 miles forged internals rebuild with stock compression. I will be adding JWT s1 cams, and after that just basic bolt ones (I already have a lightweight flywheel, intake, 3 " single exhaust, planning on fabbing up some long tube headers, solid driveshaft etc etc blah blah blah)

I am really hoping I can break the 300 whp mark with a mild street build, a great tune, and e85, if this even feasible? should I just stick to pump gas?

Tuning is my weak point with cars, so any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

*edit, I live in CO, EVERY gas stationed has an E85 pump here, and it is actually a LOT cheaper than 91 pump gas. it is just a track car, I have a DD.

*edit edit, also should a 255 lph in tank Walbro be enough for this mild of a build?
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote