View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I was being limited by the turbo pretty severely (could barely hold 14psi) but that's since been remedied with a gt2871. I'm actually a decent bit further along with the car than I've written so far. I'll update it soon.

And really? It came with like 10k of stuff... The guy had the receipts to prove it too. Yea, iirc that's the type b that I have.
As for the coils, if you can solder than you can install the coils. You basically just need to cut the igniter chip out and solder the wires that were going into the igniter chip to the corresponding wires on the coils.
You're going need your ECU retuned accordingly then too since the dwell time on these is different. (5ms I believe) For me with the Haltech however, it was as simple as clicking the dwell time box, typing in 5 and saving it.

Yes, these are the GM V8 coils. More specifically they are the truck variant found on Hummers/Yukons/Denalis and are more capable. You can tell the difference between the two by the presence of a heatsink; the truck ones have one and the regular ones do not.

Here's some really good info on the coils and is what I followed to install them. This and the FSM to figure out the igniter chip wires should be all you need.
Megasquirt Sequencer Coils
LuckyX2 is offline   Reply With Quote