View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #65
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBlackS14 View Post
I never said I wanted them to race. In any part of this thread. There is a diffence between being frugal and being stupid, which is what I came here to ask opinions about.
The problem is, no one here has ever made a gaddamn point by even saying why these aftermarket control arms are even necessary. People buy shit just to list them as modifications, when indeed they're nothing but bullshit. I can understand having the need for full-on adjustability if you're always racing and competing, and if thats the case, then you should be smart enough to know a good product from a shitty one. I stopped going to meets LONG ago because of all the dorky, living-at-home, tight-pant wearing, wanna-be hipster, part-time racecar drivers who rather than do their own R&D and investigate what makes a good product from a bad one - simply rely on online reviews and worth of mouth. This is not newegg, we're not talking about buying some electronic device. This is a fucking car part, it should be built with high quality materials. In fact, it should be built with HIGHER quality materials than OE. If you dont get something better than stock, then please answer....... why the FUCK are you even wasting your time with these shitty parts? Because they're cheaper? Cheaper than what? Surely they're not cheaper than stock, because you already have stock.

So if you need camber adjustment, my advice is to quit being a pussy and grab a rotary file and elongate your stock camber arms. There you go, now you have the extra camber adjustment you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bussitcustoms View Post
I've owned 4 Megan products. Their exhaust, their tension rods, short shifter, and ruca's. I was highly disappointed with all 4 of them. The exhaust rusted out in a year (literally, one year), the short shifter rattled from the get go, the ruca's were unimpressive build quality, and one of the tension Rods straight up SNAPPED. The tension rods were only on the car for about 4 months. I wouldn't even trust Megan as an "in a pinch" aftermarket part supplier. Everything they make is garbage, and you're better off leaving it stock until you can afford something of better quality. I'm currently in the market for coilovers, and I wouldn't consider Megan an option even if they were free. You don't skimp on suspension components. My safety is worth more to me than saving a couple bucks by buying something that's downright dangerous to ride on.
^ As you can see, the proof is in the pudding. Thank god smart people still exist. I often lose hope.

You guys get me fuckin excited....!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote