View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #9
N2HIFI
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
N2HIFI is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charky87 View Post
thats a clean ass set up andy! and about the intake manny, godspeed has some for $2-300 they dont look to bad either. looks better then the ISIS intake manny IMO.
i wouldn't worry about a front facing manifold, unless your making over 350 it wont make a difference other then in the distance of your intercooler piping. Basically trying to make over 350-375 on a rb20 throws anything that resembles reliable out the window .. trannys and bottom ends start exploding

But if your looking for a very fun and typically reliable swap for less money then a SR then the rb20 is the way to go.. I have a rb20 swapped s13 and love this motor and chassis combo.. my swap is basically stock .. FMIC,3" down pipe and wasted spark set up (stock coil packs are usually junk) and stock 10 psi. My car has been together going on 2 years now with almost zero mechanical issues and i drive my car regularly on the street, drive to all events (typically 5hrs away 700 mile round trips) beat on the car all day long doing 3rd gear clutch kicks and still able to drive car home and get 25 mpg.

Honestly my swap after it was all said and done (all parts and fab work done) i came out less then what a complete SR swap done to the same level would have cost me and my car makes the same power to the wheels as a sr but my car is ALOT more fun to drive due to the power band and sounds AMAZING ..... inline 6 sounds FTW

Basically any swap can be reliable OR unreliable depending on how far your willing to go to make sure your swap is NOT a hack job.

PIC of my swap just cause
N2HIFI is offline   Reply With Quote