View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #25
N2HIFI
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
N2HIFI is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongoesby View Post
Phew just read through your previous 1jz thread. awesome build and very informative!

However, here is the question of weight distribution I'm sure a lot of people like to know (if you haven't answer else where already). I'm sure based on your great experience in drifting and in mechanical, you would be a perfect person to ask.

1) How would you compare the weight difference between the SR and 1JZ?

2) Does it get in your way of drifting (nose heavier maybe?)?

3) There is the Driftwork S15 had its 2JZ moved backward and reconstructed its firewall. Do you foresee the necessity of doing this for the ideal weight distribution?

Imma jump in here real quick alled, I currently rock a Rb20 powered hatch and have to say that the difference in weight between the ka and my rb (which weighs less then a 1j with r154 but is still a pig of a motor) was noticable but NOT ina bad way at all..things i noticed immediatley after the swap

-No more plowing and much improved repnosiveness from the front end when initiating

honestly the additional weight over the wheels i really never noticed, car drives great does not feel nose heavy, dosnt plow one bit. then when you compare the power and sounds of a inline 6 over a 4cylinder you could careless about anything other then mashing the loud pedal. I also belive that with the right suspension set up you can over come any small issue like weight... im rocking PBM coils and my car responds so quick to steering input.

ok back on track
N2HIFI is offline   Reply With Quote