View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #33
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
No, Obama is a good READER.
I actually don't know why so many consider him to be a "great speaker" anyhow. Regardless of how one feels about his tenure, he is an average speaker. He actually breaks the first cardinal rule in almost all public speech classes, he says "uh" after nearly every other word, though I think he is starting to improve.

Is he an ok speaker? Yes.

Great? Maybe above average.

And I do also agree, I think it has far more to do with reading, but I think this is simply alot of modern day politics anymore anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana_Cute View Post
Who started this thread anyways?

The OP should be pinked.

If we call out a mod or w/e we get pinked, yet the mod themselves call out the president.

Im sure I'll get pinked for this, cuz mods will think im "attacking them"
This is "loud noises". He can talk politically. What rule(s) has RJF broken?

And as already noted, he is more than just a "mod".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
Success and failure are opinions and depend on which way you let the light hit it.

Obama inherited all the crap that was caused by Bush, doesn't matter who was in office it was going to be an uphill battle.

Just sucks that it was the US's first black president having to deal with it... now any other black running candidates will have this hanging over their head, when it wasn't necessary.
Success and failure are opinions, correct - so you can't really say Bush left a "mess" as that is of, well, an opinion. More of a press myth, in my opinion - but again, that too is an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
i dont like Bush or Obama, but i would much rather listen to Obama speak than Bush. i can only imagine what other countries thought of the US after hearing Bush speak.
Actually, Bush formed many great foreign relations the U.S. has probably since lost. Bush stayed close to those who formerly were not so fond of the U.S.