View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
ralphsdiorama
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ralphsdiorama is an unknown quantity at this point
1998 240sx R33 RB26DETT

It's about that time for a new project so the baby is up for sale. The car is a 1998 240sx se with around 160,000 miles on the chassis. Very clean minus a ripple in the paint on the rear quarter panel. The heart of the car is a r33 rb26dett that I spent the past few years getting into the car. The motor is running on stock internals but was taken apart and serviced before the swap. I replaced the headgasket, waterpump (n1), oil pump (n1), Thermostat (nismo), Type B Poncams, Hks gt2530 turbos, and new gaskets. The head was decked and hot tanked and the valve guides were replaced. Overall a very clean motor with mods that can take the car to the 500hp range. At this point in time I have the car tuned on 93 octane at 12lbs of boost and the car makes 395whp and 310tq. Pretty good numbers considering the turbos are good up to 22lbs of boost. The reason the car is not running at its full potential is that I am only running a 255 fuel pump on the stock injectors. Was currently saving for a good fuel setup but priorities have since changed. Has power steering and heat, but no AC. The only thing that someone may want to fix is a very small weep on the oil pan. When I was fabricating the oil pan I had to shave down the aluminum fins for it to fit on the subframe and subsequently the pan now leaks about a drop or two of oil every couple weeks. Something so minimal I never bothered to fix it and do not see any real loss of oil between changes. I was quoted $850 to change the pan and decided to drop the price of the car from $16,000 to $14,000 just in case somebody felt the need to fix the issue. On to the parts!

Parts:
-Mckinney Motormounts
-Mckinney driveshaft
-Mckinney Front Mount Intercooler
-Mckinney Wiring harness
-ACT 6 puck clutch
-hks gt2530 turbos
-Tomei poncams Type B
-Apexi Power FC DJetro
-Apexi power intake kit
-ALuminum radiator w/ 2 12" fans

The Interior is in great condition. I have two black sparco torino 2 seats and defi gauges as well as an innovate db series wideband. I will get some pictures up shortly and I am sure I am forgetting a ton of things so feel free to ask me anything. Thanks. Price: $14,000obo

Engine during the build.

Engine pic shorthly after the swap. New pics soon.

Here is a video of her shortly after the swap.
RB Dreams : RB26DETT S14 - YouTube

Last edited by ralphsdiorama; 11-08-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Sponsored Links