View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #41
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Yeah we had a couple issues, I guess its to be expected when you're doing something no other company has

The issues were promptly fixed! And the kit is flawless now.

Now for the questions:

1. Wouldn't an aluminum reservior get hot? It gets heated, not enough heat to do harm or change performance under normal conditions. Doesn't your engine get hot? Our reservoir has a tiny pinhole on the cap, and is a cooler in itself

2. All parts in stock, and will ship together? Correct. Everything is currently in stock ready to ship.

3. new designed reservoir correct? Correct. Its simply extraordinary. Theres a lot of R&D in this piece!

4. New lines right? We wouldn't do it any other way

5. This deletes the p/s sensor? is that a stressor on the car or system? In terms of breaking something else? Not at all. Actually, most of the power steering sensors on your cars are no longer working. The sensor just changes your idle 50 to 100 rpms up while steering at idle.

6. also trying to decide if I should get the cooler as well since I never had it before, why should I need it now? 90% of our customers do not purchase the cooler with the kit. I would recommend it for a road race or drift car that will be out on the hot pavement for extended periods of time. With drifting, its usually fairly short runs and by the time it would get heated enough to hinder performance you're headed to the pits.

Hope these answered your questions. Let me know if not!
Yes that answered all of my questions. got some new ones though.

1. yes my engine gets hot, but since the aluminum reservior is, well, aluminum, shouldn't it get hotter than the stock one? And It's my DD so if anything spirited driving will be it. Just trying to figure it out.

2. how is the install? unscrew this, that, and this, drain here, Then

3. with the pinhole in the cap, does it leak out from there?

4. "Also, theres no need to turn your wheel left to right when idling " I find myslef noticing when I do turn the wheel when dling more now than ever before thanks to this comment. Like when I am pulling out of a tight spot, or parallel parking, getting out of a driveway. should I give it gas when it's struggling lol?

5. And the copper washer is gone now correct? that was the part that was causing the leaking in the earlier version correct?