View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
if he went to san antonio though there'd be less expectations and surrounded by tim duncan and all of those veterans would probably have a better effect on him then to be next to derrick rose and boozer. what do you think?
Wasn’t there a study some years back where they put an old dog in the presence of some just-weaned pups and it posed something of a healing effect on them?
Well that ain’t Vince Carter
He has put up his numbers and gotten his money, now it is about being remembered for something positive, which his career in general has damned the memory of. If he is chasing a ring, Chicago and on the bench is still the place to do it. He will coattail his way to a ring and I will still think no better of him for it, even if history will smile on his legacy for having gotten one ring, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Yeah, what I meant by that is that I see him surpassing Wall. I think Wall has the potential to be the player in the long run...and yeah, I don't see no one coming near a Blake Griffin type performance out of the gates. That just doesn't happen that often.
I agree with you…
Nothing against Wall or anything, but he seems to be more about the name and the numbers than the legacy. 20/12 out of a player starting all available games one season removed from missing a whole season is something we don’t see out of veterans, let alone rookies. Blake Griffin – when he leaves the Cripples – will be in an MVP discussion if he grows, and his free throw percentage should be the first thing he works on. If he could up that number to the 75ish percent range, teams either stop fouling him and his scoring average goes up or they keep fouling him and it STILL goes up.

And I write too!