View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #40
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Jesus CHRIST there is a ton of misinformation here. Everyone who has never used one or installed one should delete their posts.

First, the master cylinder has two front outputs (one for each front caliper) and ONE rear output ~ the 'pass through'/traditional style hydro ebrake sits in between this and the rear calipers (which are tee'd right by the rear subframe).

If you use a pass-through hydro, it will interfere with your brake pedal feel when you're using both at the same time.
OH NOES ~ SO WHAT?! This is how people have done it until a couple years ago, you can still stab the fronts to adjust your entry when coming in on the ebrake juuuuuuuuuuuust fine. If you're on the front brakes and you grab a little ebrake to adjust, the pedal kicks back at you a little, but the front brakes are still grabbing as long as you keep your foot on it.

Secondly, this whole "it's not powerful enough to stop my MONSTER 10" wheels" crap is garbage. I've driven in tons of cars with 18x10.5's and sticky tires that worked fine with stock S13/S14 rear brakes. My S14 had 18x12's with Pirelli 285's and I could lock up the rears on the freeway with a good yank from my CNC Brakes ebrake, with Z32 rear calipers and Autozone pads.

Note: mastery cylinder and leverage ratio do play a roll in how sensitive the hydro is and conversely, how much you have to yank the handle. 7/8" is "standard", 3/4" gives you a little more stroke to make the same power.

Finally, as far as brands go, they're pretty much all using the same designs. The K-sport brake is popular because they're cheap, can be set up as pull-up or pull-back style, and have the provision for locking (although like Matt said above, its not trustworthy on the street). Parts Shop Max is great, and ASD's stuff looks great as well.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote