View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
thanks alot guyz !

With the rust fixed in the rear i figured it was time to start reinstalling the gas tank and and other parts.

I cleaned up the gas tank really good and and installed a Walbro 255 fuel pump. Unfortunately I never took any pics.

The gas tank straps weren't in too bad of shape but I decided to replace them. From Nissan they were charging about $35 for each one. Since they are a simple design I decided to fab up my own. I went to the local metal supplier and had them cut too strips of sheet metal for me. It cost me $10. Now since the OEM straps have the brackets on them, all I did was cut them off and weld the brackets to the new straps.

Exactly the same as the OEM ones, maybe even better !

And to top it all off.. I had them powder coated and got new hardware!

If i was going to have to a fresh looking gas tank with some nice straps, I was forced to do something about the heat shield. The shield i had on there was garbage and it rusted out but I managed to salvage one from a parts car i had a year ago. It wasnt in bad shape at all besides a a small hole. I took the POR Putty and filled the hold, then sanded it smooth.

Here's a picture of it soaked with the POR Metal Ready.

I then POR'd the top and bottom of the shield. After 2 coats of that, I then took the Sterling Silver, a POR top coat, and did 2 coats of that.

The finished product!

Up goes the gas tank !

And following that, the heat shield !