View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #705
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
think of it this way. Why don't drag cars run crazy negative camber.

well simple...they are going in a straight line.

in order to get the forward traction...you have to tune your rear..much like a drag car. these guys are starting to figure that out.

as far as alignment specs, I'm pretty sure they use camera's to tape movement of the suspension arms, and did an alignment...took tire temperatures, and went from there. I would seriously die if I found out they "guessed" on a drift setup.
Yeah, but getting forward traction when going straight isn't the same as getting forward traction when lateral forces are applied and the car has body roll, and the tires aren't loaded the same.

Of course, I'll admit I'm kind of lost when it comes to aligning a car to make it do something better that it's not intended to do. I'm just thinking along the lines of grip car. The way I see it, a grip car has a bit of negative camber to allow it to utilize the tires with the most grip in a corner, allowing it to corner faster. In a drift situation, the tires with the most grip are the same as in a grip car, (the outside tires) so if you can do the same thing, you will have more grip, thus allowing the car to have more grip, and therefore more speed through the corner.

EDIT: Honestly, I don't really care for my personal car, but I'd like to know why things are done the way they are, just to know how to do it "properly".
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote