View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
WINTERS14

Trader Rating: (0)
WINTERS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
CA Buying an S14... Need some expertise!

Hello all,

I've been a long-time lurker on these forums, but just registered so this is my first post. I currently DD a Z32 300ZX, but because of gas prices will be looking to buy an S14 to DD. I found a 1997 Kouki shell that a guy is selling and am seriously considering buying it. Here's a link to the craigslist listing:

***1997 240sx s14***

So here's the deal. When he bought it, it had an SR20DET in it, hence the turbo mods... I, however, want a KA24DE that way I don't have to deal with under-the-table smogging or getting my car impounded should a cop ever get nosey. And besides, I'm looking for a clean DD to save gas at this point. Turbos will come later. I'm wondering about a few things:

1. Will the fuel pump (he doesn't know what it is, but after looking at many SR20 swaps is probably upgraded) work with a KA24DE? I just heard from him via text, and he said the fuel lines are still OEM if that helps.

2. How hard will it be to get the swap to pass smog? From what I understand all Kouki's are OBDII so does that mean I have to specifically find an OBDII KA24DE, just an OBDII ECU, or can I just go with OBDI?

3. And finally, do you guys think the car is worth it? He told me he would come down on the price a little bit, and I could sell the SR20DET harness, ECU, and turbo upgrades that come with it to fund my KA24DE swap. The shell just looks really clean (exactly what I'm looking for) so I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity if I could.

Thanks for all your help guys! (And before anyone suggests the search button, I used it )
WINTERS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links