View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #12
rossttz

Trader Rating: (0)
rossttz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestz300z View Post
Currently I use amsoil signature series 0w-30, it good stuff, I'm looking into eneos ow-50! Personally I'm going a different route with my Z, if you want to know my plans send me a message and i'll tell, its quite a list lol! This is only my opinion, if you really want to justify 2.5" intercooler piping and a full 3" exhaust I would get a set of forged pistons, ms manifolds, and jwt 530 bb turbos ( or z1's equivalant), with 740cc injectors, jwt mild cams, extruded and honed upper and lower intake manifolds, with matching head port and polish, all dyno tuned with at least 2 fuel maps! to me that would be the perfect DD Street Z
Ok, uhh... no.

3" exhaust DRAMATICALLY increases turbo spool. 2.5" piping increases airflow as well as intercoolers with 2.5" outlets.

The stock turbos reach a nearly "NA" torque curve with "breather" mods, as theyre called.

Full breather mods on 93 octane is good for 400whp+ on stock turbos, stock motor.

Retaining the stock heads for as along as possible is beneficial due to their reliability. You can push 450-500 safely on a bone stock tt motor.

Starting to mess with turbos and cams is expensive and modding for the sake of modding.
rossttz is offline   Reply With Quote