View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
cardoza
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 Head Unit Install Help!

I have this Pioneer head unit laying around that I started putting in today, and for some reason my car was getting come weird electrical signals. I was getting no constant current from the battery, only the on/off current coming through the blue wire. I found out that if I put both the power (red, on/off) and the battery (yellow, constant battery) lines on the blue line that I could get the head unit to turn on. I was then wiring the speakers up using butt connectors (trash) just to make sure everything worked before I soldered them and got all of the speakers to work. Then I was messing around with something and my driver's front speaker stopped working, it was working before so I tried connecting the wires again and still got no signal. So I went to do it again and then my entire head unit stopped working. I tried reconnecting it the same way that I had previously but it's not working either.

Is there any chance that it's just my battery going a little dead after me working on the car for so long? I don't think it is because my car started right up.

Another problem that I've had is that there's a short in my dash that makes it reset to 1:00 every now and then. I found that when I rubbed the wires that are supposed to be the battery and on/off wires together the dash would light up and reset to 1:00, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

So basically, anyone have any tips? Like I said everything was working really well and then it all went to shit. Also would anyone in the area experienced in audio be interested in installing my head unit if I can't get it? My car has no physical harness, just the wires that go into it.

End long post.

CLIFFNOTES

1.) Constant power wire getting no power, but on/off is.
2.) Right front speaker quit working, then complete head unit turned off and won't turn back on.
3.) Short in the dash that I can recreate my touching the on/off and battery wires.

cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links