View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #3070
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
I have to agree to disagree...
Now what if you shelled out lots of money on that new fancy welder with all the doo-dad's.. But only ended up using maybe 3 times?

Now... You can buy a very capable, yet older< TIG welder for cheap. They're bulky, but reliable as fuck and cheap as fuck. I spent $400 on my TIG... With a 5-310 amp range.

For the average person. This is MORE than enough. There would be no point in spending $$$$ where it's not needed.

Unless you weld for a living. Weld day in and day out. There's no point. The average person won't end up using all the AC features on something like a Dynasty.

Hell.. I DO weld day in and day out and I don't even use a fancy machine.
Well, I didn't really mean I need a "fancy" unit, top of the line. I simply meant that I don't want to get one that is very basic and relative to my skill at the moment, only to wish I had something better down the road. Keep in mind, I am no expert on the options/features between one TIG and another. I won't be welding for a living obviously, but I will be welding time-to-time for my job... then of course personal use. I would just want something that is going to properly do what I need it to do. What suggestions do you personally have? Probably nothing thicker than 1/8" aluminum. What features should I be concerned with? It does not need to be ultra portable. I would primarily use it for custom aluminum car audio amplifier racks and custom wall mounts for flat screen TV's etc. We happen to do a lot of commercial audio/video at restaurants etc. We do like 45 LCD screens in each of the Buffalo Wild Wings for example.

Thanks for your time,

Toby

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote