View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX

Track event went well, lots of great cars there and a bunch of nice guys accompanied with rude arrogant d*cks as well. I went through a bit of last minute trouble to try and fix my cooling issues both coolant and oil temps were high at the last event.

I installed a FC RX7 oilcooler right in front of the radaitor, and i sealed off the hood where its been lifted so high. Results - Oil temps came down, coolant temps are still sky high, so i think ducting and thermostat removed will hopefully do the trick.

Toyo RA1s are not grippy enough on hit days to get more than 5 decent laps in on track, tho lower tire pressures did help a bit, but still only 5 laps or so and then greasiness.

The shifter situation has not been fixed, it was not an issue with my actual shifter at the last event, but more a geometry issue that has to be corrected in order to be able to drive the car smoothly and engage the correct gear each time and avoid bad things and mistakes on track.

Once the tire issue and shifter issues are actually fixed this car will rip, i think both fixes will cause my lap times to come down quite a bit and i can once again concentrate on just driving and not worry about the car and its issues, like i did last year when i gained so much speed with the old setup.

GRM 2010 UTCC 350SX on Vimeo

2010 GRM UTCC just part of a lap i thought was alright... on Vimeo

First video is my fastest lap, but the issues are noticeable in areas, and the second video is half a lap that i think would have been my fastest lap had the checkered flag get thrown when going through oaktree (the last corner in the video).

Pictures to come, many many pics my friend took that i plan on stealing from him .

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote