Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #137
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX5Tb0nE7Xx View Post
I had my friends dad do the board install. Its a type 3 board with PLMS consult cable. I dont think I am connecting to ecu at all.
He tried moving the jumper but it was lost somehow so he soldered in a wire to cj2. could this be the problem?
Also I only get power to all wires when key is on and the consult cable is plugged in.

Thanx for the help
It could be an install problem, or a jumper problem. It could also be a driver problem. Did you make sure to not plug the cable in before installing the driver? That messes things up bad and a piece of paper comes with the cable telling you not to do so and has installation instructions.
Another possibility is you need to tell nistune which com port your using your cable on, or you need to have auto detect selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksun280 View Post
I just got there type 3 board package. Great customer service. Went out of his way to get my board back to me quickly as well. Wish I was close enough to them to get a tune
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashiriya415 View Post
I have a enthalpy tuned ECU and consult cable from BLAZT, can I just buy this software and tune my ECU.
And what is this BS about user license and stuff LOL. I can only tune 3 different ECU's
What's the price of the software?
Short answer is no. Your ecu is not real time tunable and would need to have either a NIStune board or calium rt board on it. I dont know what kind of daughter board enthaply uses or if it is encrypted but if its a standard board you could buy emmulators and a chip burner (better off just getting a rt board) and possibly tune that way.

How the license works:
You can tune 5 different ecus and up to 3 different address files. So for instance you could do 2 s13 sr's, 1 ca18det, 1 sohc ka24, and a vq30dett and that would max out your license. Or you could do 5 vq30dett's and that would max out your license. See what I mean? Chances are your not going to go over your usage and if you legitamatly do they will work with you (NIStune) or you are making money off your tunes and you can afford to upgrade to the tuner version which is unlimited.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote