View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #314
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Can anyone comment on Battle Version front and rear LCA's? They supposedly use teflon lined heim joints (which definitely look more legit than most).
Battle Version does not make lower control arms. Alex re-sold some china arms a while ago and everyone mistakenly thinks that they are actual battle version parts, which they are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatchy92 View Post
Have you guys ever heard of filling the chassis with filling foam to stiffen the chassis(like a roll cage). I have heard of it but just want to know if any one has done it so I can get some advice or pros an cons.
Foam filling will certainly increase chasis rigidity greatly. I am actually likely going to go that route with my next build, which will be an actual street car. The downside is that it can trap moisture and promote rust. I wouldn't imagine that it would be much of a problem in the southwestern states, but elsewhere it could be a real issue. I would also imagine that there are certain foams out there that would be better or worse for water absorbtion, but I have not gotten that far into researching it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I took my rear sway bar off for an entire morning once at a track session, and absolutley hated the way the car reacted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
ive run swaybarless and will never do so again. It felt like garbage. I run the stock HICAS swaybar now in the rear.. was contemplating a stiffer rear (progress or tanabe). The car felt all over the place, it felt crappier turn in, lazier, rolled a hell of a lot and understeered too much on track.

Try it both ways and let us know
I liked the feel of my s-13 without the rear sway for the most part. The only thing that I noticed was the car seemed a bit more "sluggish" on turn-in. I was willing to deal with the "sluggishness" since it increased center-off rear grip so much. When I do install my s-14 rear subframe I am going to try the 21mm hollow JDM rear bar though as IMO running without a rear sway is only a band-aid and should be applied as such.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote