View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #431
951's 330i
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
951's 330i is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklips3 View Post
what does your boost guage say at idle ?

i you are bogging a little from a start it might be due to a vacuum leak/boost leak or a faulty maf.

pick up some electrical contact cleaner or Sensorkleen and go nuts on the inside of the maf. dont use break cleaner because that stuff will leave microscopic crystals and fuck up the Maf sensor.
Its bogs mainly after it warms ups, or driving around for a while, it randomly does it when i first start it but i always give it at least five minutes to warm up with the cold starts.

Also im not sure if this is what you guys call surging, but when i hit boost, and then let go off the gas, you hear like a studder of air from the turbo and the regular noise from the BOV. Is it normal to hear that? Lol let me see if i can explain this

Left side when it spools and then i let go you hear a sh-sh-sh-sh while on the right where the BOV is u just hear the whistle. This is of course if your sitting in the car.

Not sure if thats what you call a surge or not or maybe a leak. I think i will record that an post it on here tomorrow so u guys no what i mean.
951's 330i is offline   Reply With Quote