View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #330
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Marijuana is a natural, un-processed product. It is not harder to monitor how it is produced then it is to monitor someone growing carrots (for example). Alcohol and tobacco are both processed products, the regulation of their production is not really comparable to that of marijuana. Also, good pot is grown indoors so no fields are necessary. The US is already a major worldwide producer of pot anyways, so all that is really necessary it for those already growing it here to legitamize their operations. As far as realtions with countries that make their living off of drugs, FUCK EM! Who really gives a shit about how drug dealers feel about our government anyways?
Just because its a natural, and un-processed product does not mean it doesn't need to be tended to, and monitored. It would be just like any other crop as you stated just like growing carrots. Except the difference is people WANT marijuana, when was the last time you heard of somebody stealing from a carrot farm? My point being there, NO doubt would these "farms" require extra security measures etc. On top of that your saying it would need to be grown indoors, which last time I checked still requires plots of land for large greenhouses. Just to give you an idea a survey which is outdated by a couple years estimated Americas marijuana consumption at 17.9 million pounds per year. Marijuana typically yields 400-500 pounds per acre. Even on the high end of 500 pounds that relates to almost 36,000 acres to dedicate to growing the marijuana. On top of that this is just an estimate it could easily be more since a lot of people are not particularly open about drug use. On top of that you are very incorrect about the US being a top producer of marijuana. Mexico, Paraguay, Columbia, Brazil, and 4 or 5 countries in Africa for example are leaps and bounds ahead of America. My point being is that I can quite easily see how we could anger some groups of illegals that already have a reason to despise us. It is also pretty simple to see how that angry could grow into some type of action or attack on our soil. I'm not saying it will, but I could see how that could easily escalate.

Quote:
Oh, come-on. You are really clutching at straws with this one. First off drug dealers will always deal drugs, there is nothing you can do about that. Legalizing marijuana will not affect the demand for other drugs, so what makes you think it will affect the amount of drugs that dealers are selling? That is just non-sense. Legalizing marijuana will also free up a LOT of personnel and money to combat the distribution of other more dangerous drugs.
All I am doing is slinging my opinions whether you like them or not is irrelevant. Sure they will always sell drugs but rather than everybody and their "harmless marijuana" they will be FORCED to deal cocaine etc. since in this instance (with marijuana being legalized) there would be no conceivable reason to buy from a dealer. It makes perfect sense, supply and demand. To the best of my knowledge the personnel and money are more a "blanket" program, it is not the War on Marijuana as many would like to believe.

Quote:
Of course, that's just common sense. It SHOULD be treated just like alcohol or tobacco with age limits and other restrictions.
Atleast we agree on one point.