View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #303
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to be more specific my main reason for asking how long until a 12 year-old is given marijuana for "ADHD" is because to me "ADHD" is a JOKE that forces parents to feed their kids drugs for no viable reason (you can replace ADHD with really any disease, a term which I use very loosely in this situation). And to be honest most people will come up with any reason to have something they want (especially Parents who want an excuse for why their child acts or is a certain way), in this case, marijuana. Also whats to say a parent wants their child on medical marijuana, they cook it up for them (since obviously they won't be smoking it (at least I would hope not)) whats to stop the parents or other family members from partaking?

That is why I believe that if you want medical marijuana there need to be VERY strict regulations on how and who it is given to. Also it should certainly not be a "first" option IMO. Like I said before about the 20 somethings in the dispensaries, try it with patients who are older to begin with. See how many people (mainly 18-25 year olds) are for medical legalization then. I feel they are only interested in it now because it would become much easier / safer to smoke and not be in trouble, not because of some life threatening illness or chronic pain.