View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #302
dert420sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
dert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
^ i have found that "autism" in a lot of cases is a parent's excuse for an obnoxious child. more parenting, less weed would go a long way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
^or its caused by pressure from the skull on the brain
Both of you put down the Xbox controllers and go read a science book or something. geez!

My gf's sister has a B.S. in Psych and she works with autistic children every day. I showed her those articles yesterday and she could only agree with the mother in the article. She is now thinking of making this her Master's Thesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Are you serious? Autism is a genetic disorder not some issue with pressure from the skull.
DING! DING! DING! winnar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
The problem is what works for one might not work for all. How long until we have 12 year olds using marijuana because it "helps" with their ADHD? Personally I think medical marijuana should only be available to adults over a certain age. Like somebody else stated that dispenseries mainly cater to the 20 somethings who may or may not be using it medically. I'd be interested to see how many people would be interested in "legalizing" if they couldn't get a prescription up until a certain age or all the other options are exhausted.
Last I checked, they treated hyperactive kids with UPPERS. But yes, I do agree with you that the dispensaries, or at least out here in CA, should be a bit less lenient.

I have been a patient for a few yrs now due to a work injury and have noticed, every time I'm in a dispensary, more and more 20-somethings walk in who look like NOTHING is wrong with them yet are not questioned. These are the exact people who we don't want fucking things up for everybody else who truly needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
lol I dont think autism is caused from parents not being around or giving enough love.

As long as it helps I dont see why its not a prob under parents supervision. I do think marijuana should be only given to adults. But shit they give kids prescription pills if they get hurt or if they really need them (for whatever reason). Why cant kids take prescription marijuana under supervision. If it really helps the kid and its the safer choice, then I would rather see a kid eat a marijuana cookie then take a hand full of random pills.

Marijuana > pills
bolded some well-stated points.

I myself am on the fence with this giving-my-kid-pot thing. However, before the finger-wavers chime in I'd like to state: So you would rather throw big pharmaceutical companies your hard earned dimes in exchange for some man made, potentially dangerous (as far as long term damage goes) drugs vs something natural???

If organic produce is all the rage nowadays, why can't there be some organic medicines? Oh wait, there are. you can find them at your local vitamin store. Only, the bottles are required to have labels that say something along the lines of "These statements/claims have not been investigated/endorsed by the FDA....blah blah blah". Because Big Gov't only wants our money to go to the big pharmaceuticals, who in turn donate obscene amounts to their favorite politician. it's a wicked game that the gov't is playing and we're all pawns.

And all of these closed minded people opposed to medically treating children with marijuana need to put the Bible down and take a look at the proof in the pudding! The child in the articles I quoted is not the only case of an autistic child being treated with it. In fact, a quick Google search turns up many different cases across the country.

search results: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=autistic+child+marijuana

It's time to wake up people! They're slowly turning our children into the next wave of drug dependent zombies! Just the mere fact that marijuana is scheduled in the same category as meth and heroin is what is blocking all the scientific research from happening, thus enabling Gov't to continue feeding us with their lies about marijuana having no medicinal benefits.
dert420sx is offline   Reply With Quote