View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #19
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo View Post
Don't shop at local stores for computers, you're going to end up getting suckered and paying a lot more than you should.
I mentioned the part about checking out the local stores to get a good idea on the look and feel of a laptop. You're bound to find better deals online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
Does anyone have a better solution for the 500-600 price range than the HP laptop above by future240? Or should i go with that one? (please keep the requirements in post one in mind). Anyone have a problem with refurbished HPs?
I like HP and have nothing against a refurbished unit. My only grip with that laptop is the bronze finish...too bling, but that is me. Either way, it's a REALLY nice laptop and I can't find one with similar specs for that price. Check it out at a local Best Buy and see if you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
Do any laptops these days use 3G? Or do i have to buy one of those wireless chips like 5 years ago?
Every laptop has a wifi chip so you can connect to a wireless wifi network. "3G" is something completely different...it's what cellphone companies use for internet service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
From what I have heard they have weak video cards. My friend has a lenovo and thats a awesome netbook
That might be true. However, for what the OP wants to do the supplied video chipset should be adequate.