View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
1 and this is a BIG NUMBER 1, Deatsh werks injectors, in my experience are garbage and are totally inconsistent in regards to a. what lag time they prefer to run, b. the size of the pintle holes in the tips of the injectors, c. the spray pattern consistency of the injector itself.

The way they enlarge the injectors is very rudimentary and I highly suggest you invent in NEW DENSO Injectors form Tomei, Nismo, SARD etc which are properly valved for and designed specifically to flow 550CCs of fuel

2. I would triple check your o-rings on the fuel rail for the injectors for your side feeds. make sure you get your new o-rings from the dealership and they are not already installed on the injectors for you, you should install them yourself and use some vaseline

550 cc injectors ARE NOT LARGE ENOUGH even if you were running a stock ECU and Stock MAF to FOUL spark plugs all by themselves...That's right...They are not large enough to foul plugs that fast.

There has to be some sort of fuel leak, i.e. you need Brand New O-Rings and make sure you use petroleum jelly on the o-rings before pushing the injectors into the rail this way the seal in tight and don't get pinched at all on the way into their slots.

I would pull the rail off place a long white sheet of paper under the injectors, remove your starter wire so the motor wont crank, and cycle the key on and off as iff you are trying to start the car. The Fuel Injectors and fuel pump should prime the rail and if your rail is leaking you will be alble to inspect each individual injector for this type of seepage around the o-ring at the tip of the inj where it protrudes from the rail

3. The MAF wiring could be a culprit as well or the wiring on the harness,make sure all of these are in good order. Doubel check your Coil Pack harness ground as well, near the black timing loop towards the back of the head.