View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #33
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysGts View Post
Its not that were "touchy". The problem with your "smallest criticisms" from what I've seen so far is they were based entirely on your ignorance becuase you didn't take the simple time to properly research the unit (Ie: read the manual), and stemmed entirely from your own mis-understandings. All of which as far as I could see were addressed nicely by Matt Brown. Your "criticisms" have been nothing but false information. It usually helps ones case to know what they are talking about, before they criticize it. And the "supporters" would probably be a LOT more receptive to your criticisms if this wasnt the case.

How was I not correct? The issue was that licensing would not allow me access to the emulator function. After inspecting Nis-tunes own FAQ it mentioned the use of an external Emulator and I requested this be cleared up. unless asking a question is false information, which it is not...

I find it funny people joining on this forum with only a couple posts just to come in this thread and add thier two cents.

After all of that the only real criticism you have left that I can see is that they charge money for their software, and you feel it should be free. I guess I just cant see the issue with this. Unless I mis-read Matt there, even if you buy it all brand new from them, its only 430 bucks. Can you list me some comparative systems for that kind of money? New?

Would you be happy if they included the software for free, and just charged 430 bucks for everything instead? It all seems pretty fair to me.

Dont get me wrong, I can see your concerns. Its just that when everything costs so little to begin with, i really cant agree. Even if you decide to re-sell the unit, the software lisence can go with it. The only people I can see this actually effecting, are people who wanted to dl the software and play around with it without the ecu in an offline mode.

You would also have to agree with me that the "preferred shop list" or limiting the "workshop" software to only shops - will also LIMIT the number of tuners who will be able to fully exlpore the potential of the Nistune units for it's clients.

It is a solution for the same goal and is a way to adjust fuel and ignition on a car but it does require a few things are additonal costs to the user:

I.e. Installation, cost of licenses and limitation on shops that can actually tune the unit withe full "workshop" package.