View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #31
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
true, but then he would be limiting his time to those who supported his product...he's offering more support to us, his costumers. mind you he's not a huge corporation like other companies, the fact that his work has spread as far as it has is without a doubt impressive...the fact that gives more time to his costumers than other tuners and parts suppliers,and he himself the developer answers the questions being asked is straight up honorable...

see if he were to limit his time, then someone elses argument would be why is he limiting his time...

But only a small percentage of those who buy the unit are going to need extensive support directly from him...

Don't get me wrong again, I think that Nis-Tune is a good unit, but I don't understand by the supporters on this board ARE SOOOO touchy about the smallest critisims, it's really suspicious.

The unit has great potential and is a good deal in the broader scope but limiting licenses, in my opinion is going to limit the amount of support and sales the unit ends up gettnig in the end.

Everyone basically is taking a hit for a few people sucking up his time.

It's not really a way to directly build in costs.

The other manufacturers would argue that their cost is R and D costs and the design and testing of the unit and that Support is free and soley dependent on how much time they have to get back .

Believe it or not even Haltech and Motec are not HUGE companies, they only have a few people stateside who are available for tech support at all...

I think it's just a trick way to force tuning shops and customers to shell out extra money for a "license."

This is not Hondata, nor is it Windows 2000. It's a product modeling itslef on DIY market.

I think it would be a lot more fair to the consumers if the basic tuning software was avaialble and did not need a license.

In the end the money will still be made on the "WorkShops" licenses especailly if there is more access granted with these Licenses.

Just a thought.