View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #43
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
I agree lets not use the word racism, however lets not call other members dumbasses. The reason i'd take an R33-34 vs a R35 is because of this ancient 90's technology, or lack there of- and thats the point. Less emissions, less drivetrain loss, less weight, a better platform for enthusiasts to have a base setting to fit their needs.

Do I want an R35 transmission? nope. This is why I continue to stick so much money into my S14, instead of buying an R35 and using that. I would love to have a skyline, but the simple fact is;

If you can get pulled over and "poped", and have your car taken away in the state of california for having an illegal engine mod on a US car such as a Honda/Nissan, then why the hell would you drive a federally illegal car in the state of CA? Secondly;

If CA has one of the highest theft rates for hondas/nissans, and the infamous EG abamonation of a car gets snatched like its to save a thiefs life, why the fuck would you give 65K to a group of theives by having a skyline? A honda theif would steal one just to say he stripped a skyline. No security would prevent a skyline from getting snatched, even people in japan dong even buy them anymore because their own family members steal them.
the fact of the matter is that no matter what most of us do to our cars, and i mean like 99% of us.. if not 100%..........
an R35 GTR will always be able to outperform an S13/S14/S15/R32/R33/R34. You may be able to build a better drag car, or a better drift car, but not an ALL AROUND car. You'll skimp and sacrifice somewhere, as does every wanna-be-engineer on our forums... you'll build the fastest drag car that only runs on race gas and doesnt have anything in it, no ac, etc... i mean, there is always a sacrifice.

But the stock GTR, is just an all around great car.. and thats why its legal, it complies to every crash/smog/lighting standard in any country.

For years ive been receiving emails from douchebag skyline owners in Canada seeking DOT compliant headlights, its the same thing.. they are trying to make their cars road legal but dont understand why these RHD lights dont comply, and wont ever comply. It takes volume to create the parts needed to make things like this worth while. And in the end, what for? You can just buy a Z06 corvette and have a fantastic car at a fraction of the price.

Let me not be misunderstood, I love the GTRs like the rest of you.. but I also understand that ALL of these cars need a shitload of work, planning, engineering, before they can become something feasible for the streets. I mean lets not look too far, I like many of you run an illegal motor on my car not because its illegal or dangerous, but because the pros outweight the cons and i take that risk if i run it on the street. should i get into a problem, i de-register the car and use it on the track like dousan and the many others.

its just not worth it.................. ever