View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Blackfull

Trader Rating: (0)
Blackfull is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
My parents have a '86 Z that's a part-time rebuild project. The suspension is complete except for a problem with the steering rack bushings. The old set was worn out enough to warrant replacement, so we ordered a set of poly rack bushings from z31parts.com.

As it stands, the steering rack is able to shift itself left to right nearly a half-inch. It mostly happens at very low speed but it can happen on moderate corners at highway speed.

Assuming we can't order the original bushings from Nissan, we're considering either adding shimming/bolstering to the steering rack clamps or finding some solid bushing inserts.

Any helpful word would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Yea you should contact onlinezstore. the site is thezstore.com its has all you need , an they have an zshow every year in orange ca. I went to the show this year its was nice . i own an 87 300zx myself an working on it as well . replace in outer tie rod,control arm brushing, sway bar brushing,tension rod brushing, lot of work but you learn an lot about your z. Also you can check out BlackDragon auto.com. an get an catalog so you can see .
ok hope that help you . out . take care an good luck , if you have any question feel free to ask, if can help no problem.

jerry
Blackfull is offline   Reply With Quote