View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 03:02 AM   #37
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the best and simplest way to put it is that it's the few dumbasses acting a fool ruining it for the rest of us. And yeah, it pisses me off that these street racing idiots have caused law enforcement put a target on anyone who's young and driving an import; but try to imagine the perspective of someone who's lost a loved one who was killed because he/she was racing, or was in an accident that involved racing-luckilly, knock on wood a thousand times, I haven't had to deal with that kind of situation...but if my wife were to be hurt/killed because someone was racing down bear valley and lost control and hit her...I'd probably want every type of mod banned from existence. I'm speaking hypothetically, and just trying to give another perspective.

California has such a rich and strong love affair with cars...if not we'd have a better subway/ mass transit system. but we love our cars. Alot of us spend 1-2 hours a day in one just getting to work. We treat them as extensions of our personalities. I personally would love to mod my car-Be it for more power, or because i can't afford a ferrari so i'll make what i do have look and nice as possible. I paid for it, i'm an adult and if i'm stupid enough to race on the streets then i'll have to deal with the repercussions. And for this reason i HATE how we import drivers are targeted and profiled as street racers. A person may see a nicely modded import driving down the road what does he/she think? Must be a racer. Same person sees a restored hemi 'cuda and that same persont might start gushing about a historical automotive icon blah blah blah....EXCUSE me..but alot of those old cars were made TO GO FAST. it's a double standard. Never mind the rumbling nova with a giant air scoop feeding the supercharger...what's really dangerous is a 1.6L with a cold air intake...jeez. but anyways, sport compacts/imports/whatever you wanna call em are the hot rods of this generation, and as long as there's plenty of people driving as if they're Vin freakin' Diesel living "one quarter mile at a time", the cops are gonna focus on the import scene. *sorry for the rant*
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote