View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
superduner
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
superduner can only hope to improve
NEWSFLASH!

today i went at it again. i plugged up the ZX's ecu on the 240z turtle and it started (with some trouble at first since im sure the ecu needed to reset) but it started nonetheless so by that the ECU WORKS.

so to be scratch ECU off the list of possibility error. i plugged the 100% working 240z turbo ecu on the ZX

adding to the list i got a ground cable and bridged the block to the chassis. (literally) so the ground has to be good now.

i sprayed some starting fluid and the sucker wanted to turn on. it really did for about 2 seconds. but im sure it was just the starting fluid doing its thang. i checked the spark plugs after a few trial and errors. and about 3 seemed to have some burn in them yet the other 3 seemed ALOT cleaner as in. NEW..... so im thinking no gas is going in those. i cleaned the injector connections with sandpaper and screwdriver to clean terminals. and with a test light checked the clips if they had power and all lines have power. i connected injector clips back on and its ready to try again. and i clipped i got the timing to a spot where it almost wants to turn on by itself sometimes. but with help of starting fluid.

right now im waiting for the battery to get charged up again at KRAGEN since the battery is low it doesn't turn the engine no more.

If it doesn't want to start after the injector conection clean up and some of the other shit i tested. then im pulling off the injectors and rail and checking if they spray outside of the car.