View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #30
rex2sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
rex2sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post
just so you know. a 3" exhaust is not the best for a na ka. 2.5 is the largest you want to go. 3" actually creates more back pressure than 2.5 because it allows the gases to cool faster which makes them more dense and harder to push out the pipe.

my car= reman kade, injen short ram, stock cat, resonator, 2.5" resonator back=142whp, 151wtq

with the 3" the day before it made 137whp, 148wtq.

now if you go forced induction like everyone here wants you to, then my statement is null and void. good luck.
If i amy correct you. The reason your 2.5" helped make more power was becuase it aided in cylinder SCAVENGING. A 3" pipe DOES NOT create back pressure. Pressure is like a measurement of restriction. So what youd be saying is the smaller or bigger you go, no matter what the more backpressur you will see, NO. If you blow through a small straw and a big straw, which one flows more velocity. If you blow through the big straw you flow more AIR or VOLUME. Thats he same thing with exhuast. The smaller pipe flows so fast it pulls the exhuast gases with it. The bigger you go the the slower the engine flows meaning that exhuast gases will not leave the cylinder as fast. Scavenging and backpressure are different. Big pipes hurt scavenging. Small pipes or bends gain backpressure.

Backpressure is not good.
rex2sx is offline   Reply With Quote