View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #155
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
so i put these in today
Kenwood Excelon KFCX1710P 6.5" High Performance 2-Way Component...
(not from there, out of my stagea) HOLY SHIT
i remember why i love music. everything is so clear...no distortion all the way up to max volume...now i need somethin gfor hte back, and an amp. and a louder headunit
my directed d700 is killing my sub though. it was bench tested 3 years ago at around 1000 at 1ohm. i have it at 2ohm on my JVC, and half gain, and its still too much power. Box is sealed with correct airspace lol

time to move up to a better sub
Ewww, they're 2ohm? And you're running that off a head unit? STOP! Head units are not meant to run 2ohm loads, you'll fry the amp inside the head unit, and possibly the entire thing.

The D700 is a super powerful amp, meant to run a whole network of subs at around 1ohm - if you're just running a single 2ohm sub, you probably should have the gain turned all the way down lol. Good thing about a sealed box is that you can hear it "clip"/"slap" when you're over the xmax of the sub. When you hear that, turn it down

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote